Beaver Scouts are boys and girls aged from 5 3/4 to 8 years old, and are the youngest Section in the Scouting family. The Colony has up to 24 Beaver Scouts, which are split into smaller groups called Lodges. Our Lodges are called Eagles, Piranhas, Sharks and Vultures!
Beaver Scouts enjoy making friends, playing games, going on visits and helping others. With some of the activities you can work on gaining badges that you can then wear on your uniform.The Colony meets together once a week, term time only. Sometimes we meet up with other Colonies in the area, and sometimes join our own Cub Pack or Scout Troop (or both!).
Our Beaver Scout Colony enjoys taking part in nights away, which can often be the first time you spend a night away from home. They take place in suitable buildings or campsites and you get to have lots of fun and make new friends whilst you are there. If your child is new to scouting one of the “biggest” steps they often face is taking part in the great Nights Away events we offer. These are an important part of scouting so are something we actively encourage, and also consider when looking at what spaces we can later offer to join our Cub Pack. If they have never been to a sleepover at friends and family (without parents (s) and siblings) we do suggest you start to get them doing so before they even join, as it’s good practice for the fun ahead!
Full details for the uniform and links to on-line ordering sites and local suppliers can be found here.
Latest News from the Beavers:
- Jack Dady Award winners 2018 15/9/2018
- Necker Day 2018 11/9/2018
- Beaver Scouts on the water 15/7/2018
- You know you have a Beaver Scout when..... 15/7/2018
- Big Breakfast makes a comeback! 23/6/2018
- Quarries Camp - brief summary, detailed write up and lots of photos! 22/6/2018
- Beavers go to Hunstanton! 23/5/2018
- Log in for this website 8/3/2018
- Gavin Bailey, gone home... 16/2/2018
- Advent Challenge 2017 27/11/2017